About this course
First aid annual refresher training ensures that you comply with the HSE recommendations, your own responsibility, and your employers duty of care to keep skills current.
This course is ideal for those who have completed one of our classroom practical 6 hour EFAW courses, or a 3 day FAW, where the certificate is still in date.
If you also work with children or in the Education sector we recommend that you complete the Paediatric Annual Refresher.
“Employers are legally required; HSE (first aid regulations 1981), to ensure their first aiders are competent and maintain their skills throughout the three years in which their certificates are valid.”
Please see “course topics above” for the core annual refresher training syllabus.
This course can be completed independently at home, or in a supervised setting.
Our Pro Trainings online platform is super simple to navigate. Watch the video lessons at your own pace, pause and resume when it suits you. Answer the incremental multiple-choice questions throughout the course and when you have completed all the lessons, you will be directed to the final assessment.
To make sure you really learn and retain the information, test questions are randomised. A video review following the final assessment is also customised around the students results. This supports a thorough understanding of each topic
- Front-row seat in the class
- No PowerPoint based slides
- Detailed bite sized video-based training with demonstrations
- Subtitles for “sound off” viewing
- Optional concise text lesson summary with key learning points accompanying each clip
- Comprehensive manual and posters, and current regulatory guidelines updates
- Access videos for up to 8 months after registration
- Certified CPD evidence-based learning statement and certificate upon successful completion
- Includes recent guidelines on infection prevention with the outbreak of Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2(SARS–CoV–2)
This short annual refresher course bridges the gap, because 3 years is a long time between renewals.