Duke of Edinburgh First Aid
First Aid as a 'Skill' as part of the DofE Bronze Silver or Gold Awards
New courses commencing at your School or College each academic term.
Delivered on site after school weekly during term time
Eight classroom sessions lasting 90 minutes plus 2 independent sessions over the school trimester
On site training available in schools and colleges in Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Bedfordshire
Duration: 8 lessons over 3 months.
Price: £85 per learner
Price: Free Student First Aid On Line course
About this course
A first aid programme specifically designed with D of E students in mind.
Caters for the squeamish without omitting important skills and takes into consideration the sensitive and potentially serious nature of the subject.
This program will unravel why, as well as when and how to use first aid.
Students will grow in confidence and finish with a set of invaluable skills that will remain with them forever.
At the end of this course students will receive Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate, Wallet Card, Student Manual and access to update refresher videos thus ensuring their knowledge remains current.
Teaching Methods and Assessment
Skills are assessed by observation, practical exercises and some short multiple-choice theory exercises.
Each student will have their own online module with Video based learning that they can complete. Students are able to grasp concepts at their own pace, repeat subjects if required and learn through test remediation and feedback.
Each Student will partake in engaging, fun and memorable activities.
- Interactive exercises and quizzes
- Expedition Roll Play. Simulation of cuts, embedded objects and other injuries
- Practical exercises such as applying dressings, bandaging and slings
- Use of Infant, child and adult manikins for CPR Skills assessments
- Use of a defibrillator trainer that simulates a range of different scenarios
- Choking Vest (simulates choking)
- Training aids for diabetes and anaphylaxis
- Use of a dog manikin for Pet first aid and CPR
Click on the image below to begin your day 1 online training now. You will be directed to our ProTrainings on line learning portal. The Bridge first Aid is a ProTrainings Approved Centre. Centre number 90211
Click here to begin online Free First Aid for School Children
Students will also gain awareness of the contributions and responsibilities played by organisations such as the St Johns Ambulance, The Red Cross and Head Smart and their place in society.
- Introduction to first aid and keeping safe
- Prevention of accidents and keeping safe in an emergency
- Recovery Position and CPR (unconscious but breathing, not breathing)
- Adult, children and babies and the differences when delivering first aid.
- The chain of survival
- Defibrillators and how they work
- Heart attack and stroke, and why they occur
- Serious bleeding and shock
- Broken bones
- Back Injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Asthma and breathing problems
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Treating pets
- Mental Health Awraeness and basic first aid
- Panic attacks vs cardiac arrest
- General anxiety disorders
- Depression, suicidal thoughts and self harm
- The First Aid Kit
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- July 1918 (1)
- July 1920 (1)
- January 1969 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)