6 hour Emergency Paediatric First Aid (essential minimal mandatory training) Ofsted and EYFS Compliant
We are open for face to face classroom training. 1 day Certified Emergency PFA 100% face to face classroom which meets Ofsted requirements for child carers who do not require a 12 hour paediatric first aid course
Course dates and reservations: All course dates and reservation links listed below. PINK LINKS
Payment options sent upon booking. For group booking discounts please contact us. If you need to postpone due to symptoms of Corona Virus, we will offer an alternative date or a full refund. Certificates are posted within 7 working days.
If your employer is paying for this course, we will require
• Business name and Address (purchase order number if necessary)
• Learner name in full
• Learner correspondence e mail to send pre-course information
9.30 am Saturday 11th July 2020
6 hours (Certification is valid for 3 years) Free parking and refreshments
The Community Rooms, Highfields Caldecote West Cambridge CB23 7ZH
Duration: 6 hours face to face practical first aid classroom training with social distancing
Price: £69.95 Inc vat (or group discounts; hosts free + 20% off for groups)
About this course
Certificate extension for mandatory paediatric first aid to meet the requirements of Ofsted and the EYFS will end in September 2020. We are ready with new classroom dates, 24 brand new 2020 manikins, are you ready?
EPFA 6 hour Saturday 25th July 2020: click here to book
EPFA 6 hour Saturday 22nd August 2020: click here to book
EPFA 6 hour Tuesday 1st September 2020: click here to book
Certificates posted within 7 working days
SARS CoV-2 virus
Supplementary information. We are dedicated to delivering quality affordable training with your safety in mind.
- All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2017 changes. In May 2016 the HSE and Awarding Organisations announced that computer-based blended training is now allowed for all workplace and Ofsted complient first aid courses.
- This Emergency Paediatric First Aid course meets all the requirements under the HSE and Awarding Organisations and is also available as a Regulated Qualification.
- This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations.
- This link to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website covers first aid requirements in non-healthcare settings during the outbreak, as well as first aid cover and qualifications at this time.
- Here is a link to a statement from the Resuscitation Council UK Statement on COVID-19 in relation to CPR and resuscitation in first aid and community settings.
Our response “ability” to risk mitigation, does not mean we won’t have fun training!
- All courses delivered with social distancing
- Large comfortable hall with lots of space, free parking, large outdoor area, and break room
- 1 adult, child, and infant manikin per student with electronic wireless feedback on compression depth and speed and chest recoil parameters. These CPR Manikins are brand new and the latest model for 2020 where the air expelled from the lungs is vented out the back of the head.
- Individual training packs with a manual, gloves, face mask, pens, bandages, and goodies.
- Revised training techniques in place. (we have been delivering courses to teachers of key workers and NHS staff, and have now perfected out new socially distanced training. (We take our hat off to schools and preschools at this challenging time.)
- For group bookings or in-house training please get in touch as we will need to carry out an extensive risk assessment in order to use your venue.
If you need to postpone due to symptoms of Corona Virus, we will offer an alternative date or a full refund. Certificates are posted within 7 working days.
Hope to see you soon.
Course Aims and Learning Outcomes: Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- 1.1 Identify the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- 1.2 Identify how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- 1.3 Differentiate between an infant and a child for the purposes of first aid
2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- 2.1 Conduct a scene survey
- 2.2 Conduct a primary survey on an infant and a child
- 2.3 Summon appropriate assistance when necessary
3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- 3.1 Identify when to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- 3.2 Demonstrate CPR using an infant and a child manikin
- 3.3 Justify when to place an infant or a child into the recovery position
- 3.4 Demonstrate how to place an infant and a child into the recovery position
- 3.5 Demonstrate continual monitoring of breathing for and infant and a child whilst they are in the recovery position
- 3.6 Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing a seizure
4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
- 4.1 Identify when choking is: Mild or Severe
- 4.2 Demonstrate how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
- 5.1 Identify the severity of external bleeding for an infant and a child
- 5.2 Demonstrate how to administer first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- 6.1 Recognise when an infant or a child is suffering from shock
- 6.2 Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- 7.1 Identify how to administer first aid for: • Bites • Stings • Small cuts • Grazes • Bumps and bruises • Small splinters •Nosebleeds
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- July 1918 (1)
- July 1920 (1)
- January 1969 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)