Two Day Adult Mental Health First Aid Training Course (MHFA England) Become a Mental Health First Aider
This Adult Two Day MHFA England course is the only recognised training programme that qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT PLEASE COMPLETE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW. Discounts applied multiple bookings, unemployed charitable and voluntary organisations.
• Day 1: Tuesday 19th November and Day 2: Tuesday 26th November 2019, 9.15am - 5.00 pm
Caldecote Community Rooms, Furlong Way Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 7ZH £185/£165 PP
• Weekend delivery: Day 1 Saturday 14th March & Day 2 Sunday 15th March 2020 9.30 am - 5.00 pm. Cambourne Village College, Sheepfold Lane, Cambourne, Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB23 6FR, £165 PP (this course is subsidised by the Adult Education Programme)
• Day 1: Tuesday 17th March and Day 2: Tuesday 24th March 2020 9.15am - 5.00 pm
Caldecote Community Rooms, Furlong Way Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 7ZH £195/£175 PP
• Day 1: Tuesday 28th April, Day 2: Tuesday 5th May 2020 9.30am - 5.15 pm David Lloyd Cambridge
Coldham's Business Park, Off Coldhams Ln, Cambridge CB1 3LH £195 pp
• Day 1: Tuesday 14th July 2020 and Day 2: Tuesday 21st July 2020 9.30 am - 5.15 pm David Lloyd Cambridge Coldham's Business Park, Off Coldhams Ln, Cambridge CB1 3LH £195 pp
Please note; Day 1 and day 2 are not always on consecutive days. Based on client feedback, offering this delivery allows time for reprieve and reflection between day 1 and 2. Additionally delegates appreciate avoiding being away from their routine duties or work place for two days in the same week.
We often deliver on site courses where there is additional availability on offer for individuals however these are not publicly listed. Please contact us directly for alternative dates or to arrange your own in-house delivery.
9.15am - 5.00 pm Day 1: Tuesday 19th and Day 2: Tuesday 26th November 2019 (for alternative locations & dates scheduled click 'more details' below)
Two days; Delegate numbers limited to 16. Booking Essential
Caldecote Community Rooms, Furlong Way Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 7ZH
Duration: Two days (One day MHFA Champions course or Half day Awareness course also available)
Price: £185.00 per person, In-house delivery also available
About this course
Mental Health First Aid won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to identify or signpost a mental health concern, when and how to respond, even in a crisis, and potentially stop a crisis from happening. Meantal Health First Aid will give you an increased awareness around your own mental health and how to address stress for your own wellbeing as well as better management of your employees or team. Mental Health Fist Aid will educate you on your legal obligations as an employer.
The Bridge First aid are able to offer substantially subsidised rates for;
• Cambridgeshire based organisations, including the self-employed
• Voluntary and charitable organisations
• Individuals on a low income
• Existing clients who have completed one the following courses with us, FAW EFAW PFA or EPFA
• Group bookings
Whether you are a healthcare professional or have no formal knowledge of mental health conditions this course is for you. Our open public courses are memorable and according to delegate feedback, life changing for some. By running open courses that are inclusive we attract a mixed demographic which we believe is beneficial to all as we continue to learn from each other and grow as a more open minded and tolerant society.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- January 1969 (1)
- February 1970 (1)
- February 1971 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- November 1975 (1)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (6)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)
- March 2019 (1)