Two Day Adult Mental Health First Aid Training Course (MHFA England) Become a Mental Health First Aider
This Adult Two Day MHFA England course is the only recognised training programme that qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT PLEASE COMPLETE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW
• Monday and Tuesday 2nd & 3rd September 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Stubbers Adventure Centre, Ockendon Road, Upminster, Essex, Just inside the M25 with free parking. Nearest tube station is Upminster, RM14 2TY £185/£165 PP FULLY BOOKED
• Tuesday 17th & Tuesday 24th September 9.30am - 5.15 pm
David Lloyd Gym Cambridge 21-25 Coldhams Business Park Norman Way Cambridge CB1 3LH £195/£165 PP Lunch Included (we are listing another course at this venue in early December 2019 and February 2020, to receive notification once these dates have been released please get in touch)
• Wednesday 23rd and Wednesday 30th October 9.30am - 5.30 pm at Cambridge United Football Club, The Abbey Stadium, Newmarket Rd, Cambridge CB5 8LN £195/£165 PP
• Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th November 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Stubbers Adventure Centre, Ockendon Road, Upminster, Essex, Just inside the M25 with free parking. Nearest tube station is Upminster, RM14 2TY £185/£165 PP
• Monday 11th 9.30 am to 5.30 pm and Tuesday 12th 9.00 am to 5.00 pm November
Lethornes Upper Lambourn, Berkshire RG17 8QP £185/£155 Intelligent Horsemanship members
• Tuesday 19th and Tuesday 26th November 9.15am - 5.00 pm
Caldecote Community Rooms, Furlong Way Cambridge CB23 7ZH £185/£165 PP
• Weekend delivery: Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th March 2020 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Comberton Village college West St, Comberton, Cambridge CB23 7DU £165 PP (this course is subsidised by the Adult Education Programme)
Please note; Day 1 and day 2 are not always on consecutive days. Based on client feedback, offering this delivery allows time for reprieve and reflection between day 1 and 2. Additionally delegates appreciate avoiding being away from their routine duties or work place for two days in the same week.
We often deliver on site courses where there is additional availability on offer for individuals however these are not publicly listed. Please contact us directly for alternative dates or to arrange your own in-house delivery.
9.30 am - 5.15 pm
Two days; Tuesday 17th & Tuesday 24th September (additional dates listed Click 'more details' below)
David Lloyd Gym Cambridge 21-25 Coldhams Business Park Norman Way Cambridge CB1 3LH £195/£165 PP Lunch Included
Duration: Two days (One day MHFA Champions course or Half day Awareness course also available)
Price: £195.00 per person (Concessionary rate; £165.00 Charities, voluntary, 2+ bookings) In-house delivery also available
About this course
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to identify or signpost a mental health concern, when and how to respond, even in a crisis, potentially stop a crisis from happening, whilst increasing awareness of your own mental health and your legal obligations
The Bridge First aid are able to offer substantially subsidised rates for;
• Cambridgeshire based organisations, including the self-employed
• Voluntary and charitable organisations
• Individuals on a low income
• Existing clients who have completed one the following courses with us, FAW EFAW PFA or EPFA
• Group bookings
Whether you are a healthcare professional or have no formal knowledge of mental health conditions this course is for you. Our open public courses are memorable and according to delegate feedback, life changing for some. By running open courses that are inclusive we attract a mixed demographic which we believe is beneficial to all as we continue to learn from each other and grow as a more open minded and tolerant society.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. This is normally over two days. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, exercises and case studies, each session is built around a Functional Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. We always provide an opt-out option on all activities. Although these are facilitated in an inclusive, fun and engaging way we also understand some topics may be upsetting or triggering for some individuals.
Our instructors are experienced in creating and facilitating a non-judgemental learning environment. The MHFA course also teaches participants to take away this attitude into their own lives following the training. All learners are made to feel safe and we often see the group bond as a result.
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive distortions and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
If the date above is not convenient we also offer on-site training where a venue is provided, or in house training which is not a publicly listed course, we can also provide a venue were required.
The Bridge First Aid has a network of approved instructors, delivering a range of courses including Adult MHFA, Youth MHFA and Armed Forces MHFA. Our trainers are all registered MHFA instructors, with their own area of expertise. These include NHS staff and shift workers, Police and the Fire service, the construction industry, the veterinary services industry, or schools and universities.
For a bespoke course delivery please get in touch.
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Search by month…
- January 1969 (1)
- February 1970 (1)
- February 1971 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- November 1975 (1)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (6)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)
- March 2019 (1)