Regulated Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) HSE Compliant training Formerly appointed person’s first aid.
We are open for face to face classroom training. 1 day (6 hours) EFAW for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments
TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT PLEASE CLICK THE PINK LINK OR COMPLETE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW
• Saturday 27th June 2020 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (2 seats)
• Saturday 11th July 2020 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (2 seats)
• Saturday the 25th July 2020 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (1 seat)
• Saturday August 22nd 2020 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (1 seat)
• Tuesday 1st September 2020 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (5 seats)
If your employer is paying for this course, we will require
• Business name and Address (purchase order number if necessary)
• Learner name in full
• Learner correspondence e mail to send pre course information
Our next course is:
9.30 am to 3.00 pm Saturday 11th July 2020
1 day 6 hour face to face classroom practical training
The Community Rooms, Highfields Caldecote Cambridge CB23 7ZH see 'more details' for additional Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Hertfordshire Schedules
Duration: 6 hours
Price: £69.95 Inc VAT (in house hosts £54.95 + 20% off for groups)
About this course
This course must be at least 6 contact hours and run over a minimum of 1 day. The Bridge first Aid is a ProTrainings Approved Centre. Centre number 90211
Click here to book now - 11th July 2020 9.30 am
SARS CoV-2 virus
Supplementary information. We are dedicated to delivering quality affordable training with your safety in mind.
- All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2017 changes. In May 2016 the HSE and Awarding Organisations announced that computer-based blended training is now allowed for all workplace first aid courses.
- This EFAW course meets all the requirements under the HSE and Awarding Organisations and is available as a Regulated Qualification.
- This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations.
- This link to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website covers first aid requirements in non-healthcare settings during the outbreak, as well as first aid cover and qualifications at this time.
- Here is a link to a statement from the Resuscitation Council UK Statement on COVID-19 in relation to CPR and resuscitation in first aid and community settings.
Our response “ability” to risk mitigation, does not mean we won’t have fun training!
- All courses delivered with social distancing
- Large comfortable hall with lots of space, free parking, large outdoor area, and break room
- 1 adult, child, and infant manikin per student with electronic wireless feedback on compression depth and speed and chest recoil parameters. These CPR Manikins are brand new and the latest model for 2020 where the air expelled from the lungs is vented out the back of the head.
- Individual training packs with a manual, gloves, face mask, pens, bandages, and goodies.
- Revised training techniques in place. (we have been delivering courses to teachers of key workers and NHS staff, and have now perfected out new socially distanced training. (We take our hat off to schools and preschools at this challenging time.)
- For group bookings or in-house training please get in touch as we will need to carry out an extensive risk assessment in order to use your venue.
If you need to postpone due to symptoms of Corona Virus, we will offer an alternative date or a full refund. Certificates are posted within 7 working days.
Hope to see you soon.
Occupations that may use this course
•Offices (including schools, colleges and further education institutions)
•Construction and Building
•Forestry (see also our FAW Forestry course)
•High risk businesses (along side fully qualified FAW trained first aiders)
•Sports including football
•Outdoor Pursuits and Exploring
The following syllabus meets the HSE requirements laid down for course content as follows:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
1.1 Identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider
1.2 Identify how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
1.3 Identify the need for consent to provide first aid
2. Be able to assess an incident
2.1 Conduct a scene survey
2.2 Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
2.3 Summon appropriate assistance when necessary
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
3.1 Identify when to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
3.2 Demonstrate CPR using a manikin
3.3 Justify when to place a casualty into the recovery position
3.4 Demonstrate how to place a casualty into the recovery position
3.5 Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
4.1 Identify when choking is: - mild - severe
4.2 Demonstrate how to administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
5.1 Identify the severity of external bleeding
5.2 Demonstrate control of external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
6.1 Recognise a casualty who is suffering from shock
6.2 Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
7.1 Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty with: - small cuts - grazes - bruises - small splinters
7.2 Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds
Please complete the enquiry form below to book your place.
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- July 1918 (1)
- July 1920 (1)
- January 1969 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)