Canine CPR and First Aid
Tailored or bespoke canine courses also available. (4 hours CPD time credit conformation) Delivered in accordance with Schedule 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and advice from registered Veterinary surgeons
Open classroom Certified Canine first aid is delivered alongside the pet first aid course OR as a tailored course. For example with a lesson on managing type 1 or type diabetes in dogs. Please make your bespoke topic requests when booking.
• Sunday 3rd May 2020 9.30 am The Community Rooms, Highfields Caldecote West Cambridge CB23 7ZH
*We often deliver bespoke canine course on-site for national house and pet sitter clients or small groups who are usually very happy to have a couple more too. We are careful that class sizes stay small in order for participants to have the best possible learning experience. Alternatively why not schedule your own course and we can come to you with animal CPR manikins and training materials, at a time that is convenient. (Min 5 students, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and North London)
12 noon to 4 pm Sunday 23rd February 2020 or why not schedule your own course. Please see 'more details' below for details
Allow 5 hours for lots of discussion and questions.
Howlies Doggy Daycare, Ahmed farm, Tithe Road, Kempston Rural, MK43 9BE
Duration: Allow 5 hours
Price: £55 incl manual, handouts and light refreshments
Price: £29 including manual and CPD time credit conformation
Price: £29 + Practical on site skills session with pet CPR manikins - costs vary depending on numbers and location
About this course
Click here to begin online Canine First Aid you will be directed to our Pro Trainings online learning portal.
The Bridge First Aid is a Pro Trainings Approved Centre. Centre number 90211
Occupations that may use this course
- Curious responsible dog owners
- Dog Groomers
- Dog Walkers
- Pet Sitters
- Canine Crèche
- Pet stores
- Dog Trainers
- General Canine enthusiasts
- Charity workers
Objectives “Certified Canine First Aid course” include understanding, recognition, safe response, or appropriate first aid in reference to the list below.
• Pet First-aider roles and responsibilities
• Monitoring health, vital signs
• Prevention, restrains, barriers, safety
• Brachycephalic syndrome
• First aid kit contents
• Drowning, respiratory conditions and choking
• Canine and feline CPR
• Shock, bleeding and hypovolemic shock
• Broken bones and spinal injury
• Minor injuries. Ears, eyes, mouth, paws, tail
• Bites, stings, allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, poisons
• Seizures and epilepsy
• Hypothermia, hyperthermia
• Bloat and GDV
Additional extras or tailored learning
Please contact us about attending a longer (full day) Advanced Canine First Aid Course. New for 2018. We can also tailor courses to include Human First Aid and CPR based on your own business or work environment and risk assessment. These courses can be delivered proceeding an animal First Aid course and include relevant topics such as dog and cat bites.
- Travelling with your pet
- Fly strike
- Cushing ’s disease
- Coughing and kennel cough
- Use of Muzzles. Baskerville Muzzle
- Collecting a urine sample
- Near and Secondary Drowning
- Septic Shock
- Neurogenic shock
- Inducing Vomiting in a dog
- Human First Aid – Tailored for your needs.
- Pet First-aider roles and responsibilities. Pet first aid definition and limitations. Pet first aid and the law. Prevention; Prevention is better than cure.
- Accident reporting. This is important for both those working with other people’s dogs and for our own pet to have a full and accurate medical history.
- Monitoring health. We look at a pets vital signs, what is normal so we can better identify when something is wrong. The Implications of size and age, weight and breeding. We also talk about ticks.
- Brachycephalic syndrome. We talk about associated problems and their domino effect on a Pets health.
- Restrains, barriers and safety. We talk about car accidents, how we might help an injured animal and consider our own safety.
- Drowning, respiratory conditions and choking. We learn how to recognise and respond to airway obstructions.
- Canine and feline CPR. Cardio pulmonary resuscitation. We learn what this is and when it should be used.
- Shock. We learn how to recognise shock, appropriate response and preventative aids.
- Bleeding and Hypovolemic shock. Catastrophic or severe bleeding, internal bleeding, minor cuts and wounds. We learn how to identify the severity of bleeding and what first aid is required.
- Broken bones and spinal injury. We look at how we might identify broken bones or a spinal injury.
- Minor injuries. Ears, eyes, mouth and paws.
- Bites and stings. Snake bites and bee stings.
- Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis. We talk about how these differ and how to recognise anaphylaxis.
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Burns. We talk about different types of burns and how to identify the severity.
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia. How to recognise and respond to a pet that is too hot or too cold. Why these conditions may occur.
- Bloat and GDV. We learn why bloat can occur and lead to GDV. How to recognise bloat and why it is an emergency. We also learn how we can minimise the likelihood of bloat occurring.
- First aid kits. We learn how to create our own basic Pet first aid kit with some improvisation. We talk about recommended
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE.
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- July 1918 (1)
- July 1920 (1)
- January 1968 (1)
- January 1969 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)