One Day Mental Health First Aid Champions Training Course (MHFA England) Become an MHFA Champion
Our one day mental health awareness and skills course (formally mhfa Lite) qualifies you as an MHFA Champion, an additional support to mental health first aiders
JULY 2020 • Thursday 9th July 2020 9.15 am – 5.00 pm iMet Enterprise Campus, Emery Crescent, Weald, Huntingdon PE28 4YE
NOVEMBER 2020 • Saturday 21st November 9.15 am – 5.00 pm Melbourn Village College The Moor, Melbourn, Royston SG8 6EF
If you would like to arrange an in house delivery for your organisation or community group at a time that suits you please get in touch. Each delivery is limited to 16 delegates.
The next open course is:
9.15 am to 5.00 pm Thursday 9th July 2020
iMet Enterprise Campus, Emery Crescent, Alconbury Weald, Huntingdon Cambridgeshire PE28 4YE
Duration: One day
Price: £110.00; Concessions £89.00 (charities, voluntary, 2+ bookings) In house training from £421.00 (max class size 16)
About this course
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the day you'll get a certificate to say you are an MHFA Champion.
“The course helped me to understand what I have done well in the past (when my work colleague experienced mental ill health) but also gave me ideas for how I can improve the way I support people in future.”
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Enquire about this course...
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries you may have. To enquire about this course, please use the form provided below...
Please note; Our ‘very busy person friendly’ website update with live booking and payment options will be ready to rock soon. In the meantime please book via this course enquiry form or e mail. A booking confirmation and invoice will follow along with any relevant pre course information.
Search by month…
- July 1918 (1)
- July 1920 (1)
- January 1969 (1)
- July 1971 (1)
- January 1972 (1)
- January 1974 (2)
- January 1976 (1)
- January 1977 (1)
- January 1980 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)